Preppers go to Hollywood?

The Prepared Mind Forums And A Plan! Preppers go to Hollywood?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TN Homesteader 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

PreparedMother
    Keymaster

I was reading back through the comments and saw one from October that I had forgotten all about. Someone wanted a way to list movies that were “Prepper” oriented. Here is a short list of some of my favorites. I hope you all have movies/tv shows that I’ve never heard of so that I can check them out!

YouTube (these are all BBC specials. A team of historians and archaeologists recreate conditions in each era)
    Tudor Monastery Farm
    Tales from the Green Valley
    Victorian Farm
    Wartime Farm

Movies
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    Red Dawn (sorry guys but I had to list this one of course!)

TN Homesteader

PreparedMother – Red Dawn, regardless of the premise, had some good prepping items and tidbits!

To the list of YT items, I’d add (Link–>) “American Blackout“. This NatGeo “docuDrama” got some very mixed reviews and much negativity towards its “documentary” angle. However, when I saw it, I thought “this is how we expect people to react”. What I like about it is the multiple social angles, from megalopolis to suburban and a bug out perspective. It can be taken as a bit cheesy but the basic human reaction and the numbers that will NOT be prepared is given a good look.

Two interesting points, in searching for the movie (on YouTube), I found a post of a review by a guy that basically could not understand how a cyber attack can take out the electrical grid, electricity as he put it. Why do I call this out, basically, that is the level of knowledge that is out there, i.e., no clue!! Another side point, ran into one of John’s classic videos of 2014, a post movie review discussion of questions posed by subscribers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.