Prepper Address Book
- New York Times Gaslights About Gas Station Lines With Blatant Lies After Colonial Pipeline Hack by Jordan Davidson on May 11, 2021 at 4:58 pm
The New York Times is lying about lines at gas stations, some of which have run out of fuel, after a Russian cybercrime gang attacked the Colonial Pipeline.
- Adam Kinzinger Is Taking Pages From Pelosi’s Playbook To Attack Republicans by Jordan Davidson on May 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Not only does Kinzinger partner with the media to deliver Democrat talking points, but he also uses Pelosi's rhetoric to accomplish his political goals.
- New York Times Is Already Lying About Virginia’s New GOP Gubernatorial Nominee Glenn Youngkin by Jordan Davidson on May 11, 2021 at 2:45 pm
Glenn Youngkin's primary victory comes after misleading and even deliberately false coverage from the New York Times, which began lying about him weeks ago.
- Mollie Hemingway Is Writing The 2020 Election Book The Media Don’t Want You To Read by Mollie Hemingway on May 11, 2021 at 10:30 am
The ruling class did everything in their power to make sure what happened in 2016 — a Donald Trump election victory — would never happen again in 2020.
- Republicans Aren’t Obsessed With Critical Race Theory, White Democrats Are by John Daniel Davidson on May 11, 2021 at 10:10 am
It turns out Ibram X. Kendi’s core constituency is — surprise! — white readers of The Atlantic.
- Women’s Sport, Foreign Meddling, And Dancing? Surely This Is Not The Grand Old Party A Whalin’ Yankee Man Deserves by Scoops Delacroix on May 11, 2021 at 10:00 am
We might not a' toasted at all if we'd known the tattered state of our proud country and the party we'd returned to a full 12 years later.
- To Fight Racism, Should White Children Be Made ‘Uncomfortable’? by David Marcus on May 11, 2021 at 9:35 am
If part of ‘doing the work’ to ‘dismantle systemic racism’ is to endure discomfort, how does that apply to teaching 'antiracism’ to small children?
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy Announces Vote To Recall Liz Cheney From Leadership by Tristan Justice on May 11, 2021 at 9:30 am
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy announced Monday members should prepare for a recall vote Wednesday to remove Liz Cheney from leadership.
- Including Queer Sexuality Actually Means Excluding Women by Glenn T. Stanton on May 11, 2021 at 9:25 am
In this terribly problematic turn for a movement that is supposed to be all about advancing human rights, lesbians are the canaries in the coal mine.
- The LGBT Rebellion Against The Body Is Making Casualties Of More Foster Children by Nathanael Blake on May 11, 2021 at 9:20 am
Those bent on remaking bodies, language, and society to accord with their desires won't persuade if they can command, or reason if they can suppress.
- Poll: Three-Quarters Of Americans Oppose ‘White Privilege’ Training by Gabe Kaminsky on May 11, 2021 at 9:15 am
A poll released by Parents Defending Education finds that the vast majority of Americans utterly reject the anti-white racism of critical race and privilege theory.
- ‘Street Gang’ Explores The PBS Forerunner In Children’s Edutainment by Josh Shepherd on May 11, 2021 at 9:10 am
Documentary film 'Street Gang' reveals engaging parents with their kids was what made the classic show’s mix of educational goals and wild creativity work.
- If Dancing Spreads Coronavirus, Let The Dancers Get It by John Tamny on May 11, 2021 at 9:05 am
Washington, D.C.'s latest lapse in reason highlights how it’s necessary for those with common sense to get back to living their lives as they wish.
- Teachers Union President Blames Trump For Prolonged School Closures by Jordan Davidson on May 11, 2021 at 9:00 am
American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten said that if it weren't for former President Trump changing his mind about COVID-19 guidance, then more schools would have reopened earlier.
- Preparedness Notes for Tuesday — May 11, 2021 by James Wesley Rawles on May 11, 2021 at 7:06 am
On May 11, 1949, Israel was admitted into the United Nations. — Our Jeff Cooper’s Birthday Sale at Elk Creek Company is now underway, and will end on May 21st. This is the time to round out your collection of pre-1899 Federally-exempt guns! — SurvivalBlog Writing Contest Today we present another entry for Round 94 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include: First Prize: The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000. A Gunsite Academy Three … The post Preparedness Notes for Tuesday — May 11, 2021 appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- Growing Your Own Food in The Inland Northwest – Part 1, by D.F. by James Wesley Rawles on May 11, 2021 at 7:03 am
My Background I grew up on a family farm in the Midwest where at one time or another apple orchards, field crops, cows, pigs and chickens were raised. I assisted my parents in nearly all these endeavors and in the process drove several different farm machines. This experience caused me to feel significant confidence in my gardening skill. However, I subsequently realized that I really only learned how to do farm work as instructed by my parents rather than actually learning how to farm. I am surprised sometimes at things I know that others don’t, but at other times I … The post Growing Your Own Food in The Inland Northwest – Part 1, by D.F. appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- SurvivalBlog’s News From The American Redoubt by James Wesley Rawles on May 11, 2021 at 7:02 am
This weekly column features news stories and event announcements from around the American Redoubt region. (Idaho, Montana, eastern Oregon, eastern Washington, and Wyoming.) Much of the region is also more commonly known as The Inland Northwest. We also mention companies of interest to preppers and survivalists that are located in the American Redoubt region. Today, we focus on a new military vehicle museum in Wyoming. (See the Wyoming section.) Idaho This property caught my eye. Not only is it in a remote and very defensible locale, but it also has amazing line of sight (LOS) for any ham radio operator: … The post SurvivalBlog’s News From The American Redoubt appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- The Editors’ Quote of the Day: by James Wesley Rawles on May 11, 2021 at 7:01 am
“Right there is your college tuition. We were going to send you guys to college, but instead, we bought OSB [panels].” – Melissa Souza of the Good Simple Living vlog, in a joking comment to her children on the current high cost of lumber. The post The Editors’ Quote of the Day: appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- May 11th – 2021 Presidential Politics – Resistance Day 112 by Sundance on May 11, 2021 at 4:20 am
In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the JoeBama Administration and Presidency. “This is no small thing, to restore a republic after it has fallen into corruption. The post May 11th – 2021 Presidential Politics – Resistance Day 112 appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- Tuesday May 11th – Open Thread by Sundance on May 11, 2021 at 4:15 am
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. The post Tuesday May 11th – Open Thread appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- White House Statement on Gas Lines Beginning on East Coast as Fuel Starts Running Out by Sundance on May 11, 2021 at 3:46 am
Rising unemployment, massive inflation, “stagflation” and now gas lines… Looks like that recent meeting with Jimmy Carter was about recreating the 1970s. The White House responds to fuel shortages appearing in the mid-Atlantic and southeast: “The President continues to be regularly briefed on the Colonial Pipeline incident. The Administration is continually assessing the impact of The post White House Statement on Gas Lines Beginning on East Coast as Fuel Starts Running Out appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- President Trump Draws Attention to Antrim County, Michigan, Election Lawsuit – Judge Will Rule on Today’s Evidence Hearing May 18th by Sundance on May 11, 2021 at 2:16 am
President Trump posted a notification today citing the Antrim County lawsuit about ballot fraud. On behalf of plaintiff William Bailey attorney Matthew DePerno submitted the results of a forensic audit showing how votes were manipulated in the county tabulation system. [Supplemental Brief Here] – [Forensic Audit Results Here] PRESIDENT TRUMP – “The major Michigan Election The post President Trump Draws Attention to Antrim County, Michigan, Election Lawsuit – Judge Will Rule on Today’s Evidence Hearing May 18th appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- Terrorist Group Hamas Launches Rockets At Jerusalem On National Holiday by Gabe Kaminsky on May 10, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Jerusalem was attacked Monday by terrorist group Hamas on the day of a national holiday in commemoration of the reunification of Israel.
- White House Occupant Reads Teleprompter, Desperately Attempting to Spin Horrific Policy Outcomes by Sundance on May 10, 2021 at 10:26 pm
The White House occupant appeared today to deliver remarks on some key issues that are catastrophic to the long-term goals of the leftist administration. First, let’s be clear; there’s no-way the Chicago control agents would allow the installed occupant to speak on any issue, publicly, that was not a direct and measurable threat to their The post White House Occupant Reads Teleprompter, Desperately Attempting to Spin Horrific Policy Outcomes appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- Biden HHS Passes Anti-Science Rule Change To Redefine Sex by Tristan Justice on May 10, 2021 at 10:10 pm
President Joe Biden's Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) redefined "sex" to include "sexual orientation" and "gender identity."
- Charles Payne On Woke Capital, COVID Recovery, And Inflation Risk by The Federalist Staff on May 10, 2021 at 9:51 pm
"There's no other country with better upward mobility than America," said Fox News' Charles Payne on The Federalist Radio Hour.
- WATCH: Dozens Of Migrants Cross Rio Grande In Del Rio, Surrender To Border Patrol by Gabe Kaminsky on May 10, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Migrants continue to flood the southern border and Del Rio, Texas remains one of the most trafficked areas in the nation.
- Russia Collusion Hoaxer Working In DOJ’s National Security Division Discounted The Durham Report by Jordan Davidson on May 10, 2021 at 8:50 pm
Susan Hennessey wrote in a now-deleted tweet that the Durham report "hasn't come up with anything," despite evidence that the FBI spied on the Trump campaign.
- Wyoming Bans Vaccine Passport Requirement In Public Spaces by Gabe Kaminsky on May 10, 2021 at 8:34 pm
Republican Gov. Mark Gordon of Wyoming banned the requirement of vaccine passports in government buildings and public spaces.
- The Federal Bureau of Intentional Lying Claims Fuel Pipeline Cyber Attack is Darkside Ransomware by Sundance on May 10, 2021 at 5:48 pm
The Federal Bureau of Intentional Lying (FBI-L) has claimed the Colonial Pipeline Network was compromised by a hack from Darkside Ransomware: “The FBI confirms that the Darkside ransomware is responsible for the compromise of the Colonial Pipeline networks. We continue to work with the company and our government partners on the investigation.” (LINK) When the The post The Federal Bureau of Intentional Lying Claims Fuel Pipeline Cyber Attack is Darkside Ransomware appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- AZ GOP Chairwoman Kelli Ward Exposes The Big Lie Behind Maricopa County Refusing to Permit Review of Router System During Ballot Audit by Sundance on May 10, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Arizona GOP Chairwoman Kelli Ward provided an update this morning about the Maricopa County audit. The Maricopa board of supervisors previously denied the auditors access to the full electronic trail of ballot counting. The board held a closed-door emergency hearing and then stated allowing the auditors to review the rounter system, and/or providing passwords for The post AZ GOP Chairwoman Kelli Ward Exposes The Big Lie Behind Maricopa County Refusing to Permit Review of Router System During Ballot Audit appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- Antrim County Court Hearing on Ballot Tabulation Fraud – 1:30pm Livestream by Sundance on May 10, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Ongoing livestream in Michigan court related to the Antrim County ballot tabulation fraud. . Posted in 1st Amendment, Election 2020, Uncategorized, Voter Fraud The post Antrim County Court Hearing on Ballot Tabulation Fraud – 1:30pm Livestream appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- Direct Evidence of Intentional Dominion Ballot Counting and Tabulation Fraud Submitted to Court in Michigan Following Forensic Audit of Antrim County Ballot Counting Systems by Sundance on May 10, 2021 at 3:23 pm
This appears to be a rather big deal. In the Antrim County, Michigan lawsuit, the lawyer for plaintiff William Bailey has just submitted direct evidence of ballot counting manipulation within the electronic ballot counting system. Attorney Matthew DePerno has submitted the results of a forensic audit showing how votes were manipulated in the county tabulation The post Direct Evidence of Intentional Dominion Ballot Counting and Tabulation Fraud Submitted to Court in Michigan Following Forensic Audit of Antrim County Ballot Counting Systems appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- Preparedness Notes for Monday — May 10, 2021 by James Wesley Rawles on May 10, 2021 at 7:06 am
The Jeff Cooper’s Birthday Sale at Elk Creek Company begins today (May 10th, 2021), and ends on May 21st. This is the time to round out your collection of pre-1899 Federally-exempt guns! I’ve reduced the prices on more than half of my pre-1899 gun inventory, and all of my replica percussion-fired revolvers. — May 10th is the birthday of the late Col. Jeff Cooper (born 1920, died September 25, 2006). On May 10, 1972. Top Gun Graduate Randall “Duke” Cunningham and his backseater Wally “Irish” Driscoll shot down three MiGs in a dogfight and became the first Ace of the … The post Preparedness Notes for Monday — May 10, 2021 appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- Steyr M9 Series Pistols, by Pat Cascio by Pat Cascio on May 10, 2021 at 7:04 am
We don’t see a lot of firearms coming out of Austria, and needed to say, the Glock line-up of handguns is the most recognized Austrian firearm, all around the entire world. Just about every shoot-‘em-up movie shows heavy use of a Glock pistol of some type – both bad guys and the good guys use them. Gaston Glock came out with the Glock 17 about 1985 – at least that’s when they first started appearing in the US marketplace. I spied a Glock 17, 9mm at a drug store when we lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado and it felt so … The post Steyr M9 Series Pistols, by Pat Cascio appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- Recipe of the Week: Bear’s Pumpkin Custard by James Wesley Rawles on May 10, 2021 at 7:03 am
The following recipe for Pumpkin Custard was kindly sent to us by SirvivalBlog reader Bear. She notes: “It tastes like dessert but it’s healthy enough to serve for any meal. Pumpkin custard! I copied it from another homeschooling mama years ago and tweaked it. Her family often made it for breakfast, but my family prefers it chilled rather than warm, so I usually make it ahead of time, for lunch or dinner.” Ingredients 8 eggs (fresh, frozen, or reconstituted powdered) 1 large (29 oz) or 2 small (15 oz) cans pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix) 1/2 – 3/4 cup … The post Recipe of the Week: Bear’s Pumpkin Custard appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- Economics & Investing For Preppers by James Wesley Rawles on May 10, 2021 at 7:02 am
Here are the latest news items and commentary on current economics news, market trends, stocks, investing opportunities, and the precious metals markets. We also cover hedges, derivatives, and obscura. Most of these items are from the “tangibles heavy” contrarian perspective of SurvivalBlog’s Founder and Senior Editor, JWR. Today, we look at the recent spike in lumber prices. (See the Commodities section.) Precious Metals: Bloomberg: Why Sam Zell Bought Gold for the First Time o o o The Dollar Is Not A Safe-Haven — video interview with Lyn Alden Economy & Finance: How COVID ‘Rescue’ Funds Are Mowing Down American Small Businesses … The post Economics & Investing For Preppers appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- The Editors’ Quote of the Day: by James Wesley Rawles on May 10, 2021 at 7:01 am
“The business of procuring the necessities of life has been shifted from the wood lot, the garden, the kitchen and the family to the factory and the large-scale enterprise. In our case, we moved our center back to the land.” – Helen Nearing, The Good Life: Helen and Scott Nearing’s Sixty Years of Self-Sufficient Living — Today, another review written by the Redoubtable Pat Cascio. The post The Editors’ Quote of the Day: appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- May 10th – 2021 Presidential Politics – Resistance Day 111 by Sundance on May 10, 2021 at 4:20 am
In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the JoeBama Administration and Presidency. “This is no small thing, to restore a republic after it has fallen into corruption. The post May 10th – 2021 Presidential Politics – Resistance Day 111 appeared first on The Last Refuge.
- Preparedness Notes for Sunday — May 9, 2021 by James Wesley Rawles on May 9, 2021 at 7:04 am
On May 9th, 1945, Herman Goering– commander in chief of the Luftwaffe, president of the Reichstag, head of the Gestapo, prime minister of Prussia, and Hitler’s designated successor– was taken prisoner by the U.S. Seventh Army in Bavaria. Goering, who was addicted to painkillers due to a wound, was instrumental in creating concentration camps for political enemies. It was Goering who ordered the purging of German Jews from the economy following Kristallnacht in 1938, initiating an “Aryanization” policy that confiscated Jewish property and businesses. Tried and convicted at the Nuremberg trials, he was sentenced to hanging, but before he could … The post Preparedness Notes for Sunday — May 9, 2021 appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- Readying Yourself for Inflationary Times by James Wesley Rawles on May 9, 2021 at 7:03 am
As a boy, I can remember my grandfather, Ernest E. Rawles, saying to me: “If you consistently save ten percent of what you earn, then you’ll never go to The Poor House.” That was great advice, coming from someone who had lived through the truly traumatic deflationary Great Depression of the 1930s. But today, we can see the looming threat of another economic depression, and this one will most likely be a traumatic inflationary depression. And this one may last even longer than a decade. In an inflationary depression, even millions of dollars in “savings” in cash (that is: greenbacks … The post Readying Yourself for Inflationary Times appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- JWR’s Meme Of The Week: by James Wesley Rawles on May 9, 2021 at 7:02 am
The latest meme created by JWR: To share this, you can find it here: https://kapwi.ng/c/uudXfs00 Meme Text: Janet Yellen Says Biden Isn’t Fueling Inflation So, Obviously, She’s Not Buying any Lumber, Ammunition, Gasoline, Motor Oil, Cheese, Salmon, or Hamburger The post JWR’s Meme Of The Week: appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- The Editors’ Quote of the Day: by James Wesley Rawles on May 9, 2021 at 7:01 am
“Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready. The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come. When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee. But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret. Then the Jews sought him … The post The Editors’ Quote of the Day: appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- Preparedness Notes for Saturday — May 8, 2021 by James Wesley Rawles on May 8, 2021 at 7:05 am
Today is the 76th anniversary of V-E Day, otherwise known as Victory in Europe Day. May 8th is the birthday of missionary and U.S. military intelligence officer John Birch. (Born, 1918, died August 25, 1945.) He is considered by many to be the first American casualty of the Cold War. — SurvivalBlog Writing Contest Today we present another entry for Round 94 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include: First Prize: The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth … The post Preparedness Notes for Saturday — May 8, 2021 appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- Simple Photovoltaic Power, by A. DoItYourselfer by SurvivalBlog Contributor on May 8, 2021 at 7:04 am
This article presents my photovoltaic power experiences to give fellow do-it-yourselfers an understanding of what it takes to use the sun for energy. I am a 69-year-old carpenter with experience in residential, commercial and industrial construction. I abhor relying on others for needs. So that is what drove me in the area of energy, especially stored energy. By “stored energy, I mean propane, solar battery systems, stored food, and so forth. I live in Arkansas which is considered a subtropical climate in late spring to early fall. The heat in summer coupled with humidity from the Gulf of Mexico is … The post Simple Photovoltaic Power, by A. DoItYourselfer appeared first on SurvivalBlog.com.
- CPI Comes In Hotter Than Expected On Hotel, Airline Fares; Used Car Prices Drop on December 10, 2020 at 2:26 pm
Prices are continuing their modest recovery even though the shelter index posted its smallest annual increase since December 2011.(Feed generated with FetchRSS)
- Watch Live: FDA Panel Votes On Authorization Of Pfizer COVID Vaccine For Emergency Use on December 10, 2020 at 2:26 pm
Here we go...(Feed generated with FetchRSS)
- Rabobank: It's Orwell, Not Ends Well on December 10, 2020 at 2:26 pm
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.” So said Orwell in 1984. Nowadays one could add or conflate it with “Imagine a boot kicking a can—for ever.”(Feed generated with FetchRSS)
- Initial Jobless Claims Jump Most Since March As Lockdowns Strike on December 10, 2020 at 2:26 pm
As lockdowns began to spread virally across America, the number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits has surged higher...(Feed generated with FetchRSS)
- AirAsia CEO: Asian Nations "Won't Let Anyone In Without A Vaccination" on December 10, 2020 at 2:26 pm
Yet another airline boss admits vaccination will be compulsory to fly...(Feed generated with FetchRSS)
- By: lastmanstanding by lastmanstanding on April 18, 2018 at 3:14 am
The most painful part of TRP Vol. 1 was waiting the 2 months that it took FO to ship it...with absolutely no correspondence to occasional polite emails as to "what the fuck is going on".Forging the Hero was ordered here and showed up less than a week later.Preparedness and self-sufficiency are a way of life for us.Frankly, your personal "fucking" footnotes alone are worth the price of each book.
- By: Jim Scrummy by Jim Scrummy on April 16, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Interesting take. Of course my take, is that when I purchased two of JM's books, it was money well spent, because I go back and re-read certain passages from time to time. I like supporting people who not only talk the talk, but walk the walk. Still need to buy Vol. 1, to complete the set, which will be money well spent, again.
- By: Big Mike by Big Mike on April 10, 2018 at 3:13 pm
I agree with your response John. The books you have written are not available anywhere. As I read your books and worked thru the thought processes with your book Forging The Hero, I had to really make my brain work hard to comprehend and apply the principles to my life. I could understand and "feel the pain" of your efforts. I was hesitant to spend the money you requested for each book, but now I would pay $100 bucks for one because of the content.
- By: Diz by Diz on April 10, 2018 at 11:22 am
Well yeah two good points. First is the material from Mosby is worth it; there are lot of Abn/Ranger/Green Berets (this is how we start our day) out there teaching tactical shit; Mosby goes beyond that with a lot of practical advice for self-sufficient living. Second, I would rather subsidize his group than some outfit I have no clue about. That probably donates to the LGBTQ minority handicapped socialist workers party.Honestly this is nick-picking the fly shit. The only real criticism is he isn't mass-marketed, cheap, and readily available. So if that keeps you from getting his info, you're a dumbass. But not my problem.
- By: jukk0u by jukk0u on April 10, 2018 at 12:59 am
In reply to <a href="https://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/2018/04/09/hes-not-wrong-my-very-first-negative-review/#comment-25177">TheSpartanMonkey</a>.Agreed. And this is one and the same reason to buy domestic product and not Chinese (or whatever labor exploitive extra-national interest's merchandise - and especially from one determined to bring and end to our existence.Save a nickel now, Pay with your life and livelihood later.
- By: TheSpartanMonkey by TheSpartanMonkey on April 10, 2018 at 12:45 am
I wouldn't even call that a negative review. It's like someone who buys a book on nuclear engineering, then complains that it's too deep for his model submarine building fetish. And he got the book for free, so he never had to make the value judgement and plunk down his own cold, hard cash. Being a hobbiest, I'm guessing he never would've bought it. IMO, the negative review you're looking for will come from a True Believer.With regard to the price: much too much is expected for nothing these days. Everyone wants, even demands, free content. I paid the big jing for your books because of the content, but more so because I thought it rewarded you for past work (blog and book) and would help support your future efforts. It's the same reason I willingly pay more for something to a local vendor vs ordering off the internet. We've got to get beyond price shopping and realize that we're not just buying a thing, we're choosing to support a person.
- By: jukk0u by jukk0u on April 9, 2018 at 9:17 pm
Yup. Criticism is essential to improvement. Good reviews are nice, and one must recognize peoples' need to offer praise (I think it is kind of a reflexive affirmation of the validity and importance of their own experiences and opinions), but empty praise is worthless. "Thank you, I appreciate your need to nurture and acknowledge the importance of your feelers, but...what could I have done better?"Good praise: "I like that you offered x,y and z. How you explained such and so with depth. "but should be coupled with effective criticism e.g.:"your exploration of exhibit 1 would have been more effective with some background on its development as well as the current state..." or "more charts and illustrations would have helped"...FWIW: I offered some criticism of your first tome to the effect that editing the fracking sentence fragments, misspellings and misused words would go a long way to bolstering your credibility as both a writer and an expert on the subject. Whether you consciously took that advice or have merely grown in your word-craft, you have improved.As soon as my second mortgage goes through and I can by the next volume 🙂 I have no further input to offer.
- By: Diz by Diz on April 9, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Ha, that is somewhat funny even though it may not be meant so. Typical millennial mindset of intellectual superiority. I put it in my hobby category, so it's not worth it. I have spoken.Well, even though this tool may have his own estimate of the situation, that does not mean everyone else must agree with it. You can do damn near anything you want, but if someone has a different estimate, then these books may damn well be worth every penny.I for one, totally disagree with his assessment. Therefore the books are indispensable to me. I have put it in my get ready for the shit category, so they are totally worth it. Do as you see fit.But he has no real criticism of the material, just the cost of a privately published book. Typical entitlement mentality. All things should be available to me-cheap.This hardly qualifies as any real criticism, IMHO. Just some snarky comments on the cost of the material.It's really hard to find fault with what Mosby is laying down. Only that his standards are really high, but then if that's what the reality is, then that's just shooting the messenger.I may think he's a total dick for pointing out all my weaknesses, but then that's on me to get un-fucked.So doctrinally, I can't really find fault. But can understand people getting butt-hurt by the presentation. Most people aren't used to this kind of thing.Would I leave feedback to say tone it down? No, not really. I think it's for most folks to harden the fuck up on the other side of that equation.